Record Store Day has now been re-scheduled to take place on three separate dates - 29th August, 26th September and 24th October 2020 due to the Coronavirus concerns.
Any wish lists that have been provided will be kept unless told otherwise.
This is Grind and Grooves 2nd Record Store Day. We are very excited to be part of this day....so much so we involved our youngest in banner placement!! Sadly now it came down due to the date change - we shall try get it back up again with revised date!
(wow this picture is now 5-6 months old now!)
Record Store Day you say....what is that? Well - the official record store website quotes:
"Records Store Day is the one day of the year when over 250 independent record shops all across the UK come together to celebrate their unique culture. Special vinyl releases are made exclusively for the day and many shops and cities host artist performances and events to mark the occasion"
For us Its a great day when many vinyl enthusiasts come together to celebrate this fantastic music format. There is a fantastic community feel on the day and it is a pleasure to be a part of this.
There are a few things to note about this day:-
- We have already taken your wish lists and ordered based on this. If you turn up, didn't give us a list, and cant find what you wanted then you really cant grumble! NOTE we cannot reserve stock for anyone as per the RSD rules.
- We will be operating a socially distant queue, if the queue gets too long we may ask people to come back later and give you a time slot (we will take your wish list at that point).
- Face masks to be worn inside please and hand gel applied upon entry. You should only be in the store for a few minutes as you will be handed your purchase. Please know what you want to buy from us before you come.
- If you want to browse you can but gloves may be offered.
- Last year everyone went away with something they wanted :)
- Our queue last year started at 6 - which is quite late in the grand scheme of things - so you have a great chance of getting in and out pretty quick.
- Doors are only allowed to open at 8 - pack your thermals.
- We have not ordered every single title - there is a limited pot of money available to us and there are over 300 titles in this drop alone.
- Price list will be issued a few days before the event - we try price match with other local stores. There are not massive mark ups to be made by us - prices given to us by the record labels sometimes mean prices seem a bit higher than they should be.
And please, interact with us on the socials...the more people like and comment, the more people know about us and the better we will be as a business.
Thank you please
Kerry & Gareth