** NOW DELAYED - 20TH JUNE 2020 **
Record Store Day - 18th April 2020 - from 8am.
This is Grind and Grooves 2nd Record Store Day. We are very excited to be part of this day....so much so we involved our youngest in banner placement!!
Record Store Day you say....what is that? Well - the official record store website quotes:
"Record Store Day is the one day of the year when over 200 independent record shops all across the UK come together to celebrate their unique culture. Special vinyl releases are made exclusively for the day and many shops and cities host artist performances and events to mark the occasion"
For us Its a great day when many vinyl enthusiasts come together to celebrate this fantastic music format. There is a fantastic community feel on the day and it is a pleasure to be a part of this.
There are a few things to note about this day:-
- We can take your wish list and order according to this, but we cannot reserve stock as per the RSD rules.
- Free tea and coffee will be given to the early risers - Wagon Wheels are on tap.
- Last year everyone went away with something they wanted :)
- Our queue last year started at 6 - which is quite late in the grand scheme of things - so you have a great chance of getting in and out pretty quick.
- Doors are only allowed to open at 8 - pack your thermals.
- We do not expect to order every single title. There are over 500.
- Price list will be issued a few days before the event - we try price match with other local stores. There are not massive mark ups to be made by us - prices given to us by the record labels sometimes mean prices seem a bit higher than they should be.
Email us, pop in to see us, comment on our facebook posts and let us know what you would like on that day. It would help if you would only comment if you are expecting to come!