Release Date - 04.02.22
- 3LP YELLOW Vinyl Record
- 4CD - in hardback book packaging including a booklet with a summary of the year, a track-by-track guide, a quiz, and original singles artwork
THE MUSIC ON THIS COLLECTION IS 40 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR!!!!
About - the Vinyl
NOW Music is proud to present the newest addition to the ‘Yearbook’ series: NOW – YEARBOOK 1982. 3 LPs of 44 defining tracks that ruled the charts in 1982.
Featuring number 1s, including ‘Eye Of The Tiger’ (Survivor), ‘Ebony And Ivory’ (Paul McCartney), ‘Town Called Malice’ (The Jam), and 1982’s biggest seller ‘Come On Eileen’ from Dexys Midnight Runners.
1982 saw the first huge hits from a wealth of new artists including Culture Club, Wham! and Tears For Fears, as well as an incredible line-up from artists who had established their chart presence in the prior 18 months and would produce some of the greatest tracks of the decade; Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, ABC, Haircut 100, Soft Cell, The Human League, and a newly solo Adam Ant.
‘Fame’ was the TV phenomenon of the year, and Irene Cara’s theme from the original 1980 film enjoyed massive success.
As ABBA released their last singles for nearly 40 years, pure-pop from Bucks Fizz, Blondie, and Madness is celebrated alongside synth-pop gems from New Order, Simple Minds, Visage and Japan.
Leading artists from the punk scene enjoyed continued and renewed success, including The Stranglers, The Clash and Pretenders, whilst Foreigner, Meat Loaf with Cher, and Steve Miller Band provided radio-favourite rock and power ballads.
1982 saw a huge chart presence for dance music – from the hi-NRG of Boys Town Gang, to the electro-infused beats of Malcolm McLaren, and Rockers Revenge, the 1980’s disco of Shalamar, alongside soul classics from Marvin Gaye and Donna Summer… plus stellar ballads from Elton John, Lionel Richie, and Roxy Music.
NOW – Yearbook 1982; a celebration of the eclectic brilliance of the year in pop. Pressed in translucent yellow vinyl, limited to 3,000 units.
LP1 Side A
- Wham! - Young Guns (Go For It!)
- Adam Ant - Goody Two Shoes
- ABC - The Look Of Love - Pt. 1
- Spandau Ballet - Instinction
- Haircut 100 - Love Plus One
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
- Duran Duran - Save A Prayer
LP1 Side B
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Elton John - Blue Eyes
- Lionel Richie - Truly
- Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing
- Bucks Fizz - My Camera Never Lies
- Blondie - Island Of Lost Souls
- Madness - Our House
- Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
LP2 Side A
- Tears For Fears - Mad World
- The Human League - Mirror Man
- Visage - The Damned Don't Cry
- Simple Minds - Promised You A Miracle
- Ultravox - Reap The Wild Wind
- Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Maid Of Orleans (The Waltz Joan Of Arc)
- Soft Cell - Say Hello, Wave Goodbye
LP2 Side B
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- Meat Loaf with Cher - Dead Ringer For Love
- Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang
- Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Roxy Music - Avalon
LP3 Side A
- ABBA - The Day Before You Came
- Donna Summer - State Of Independence
- Shalamar - A Night To Remember
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Boys Town Gang - Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
- Rockers Revenge feat. Donnie Calvin - Walking On Sunshine
- Malcolm McLaren, The World's Famous Supreme Team - Buffalo Gals
LP3 Side B
- The Jam - Town Called Malice
- The Clash - Rock The Casbah
- Bow Wow Wow - Go Wild In The Country
- New Order - Temptation
- The Associates - Party Fears Two
- The Stranglers - Golden Brown
- Japan - Ghosts
- Clannad - Theme From Harry's Game